Ducks and Chickens

Ducks and Chickens
Our Ducks and Chickens free ranging

About Me

My whole life has built up to my family and I living on a sustainable, responsible farm near the family that raised me in Cincinnati, OH. This would enable us to 1) live near family after 9 years of active duty service in the Marine Corps, 2) provide people in the southwestern OH area with another avenue of responsibly grown food (there are a few that exist; I ain't claiming to be the first), and 3) educate the consuming public about food and environmental responsbility. We hope to one day be able to have a fall festival featuring a corn maze, apple picking, hay rides, pumpkin patch, etc. You may have noticed a donation link on the right. It is going to cost us around $250,000 for us to start out and that isn't including the double-wide we will be living in. Any help you can provide would be appreciated. Thank you.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Our Story: My wife Becca and I have moved all over the country through the last 8 years during my enlistment in the United States Marine Corps. We now have three kids: Jeremiah, 5, Caden, 3, and baby Emily is 7 months. We have lived in Monterey and Fallbrook CA, and Augusta, GA. During our tenure in Augusta, we found out our son, Jeremiah, has approximately 60% hearing loss.  While this is something making life a little more complicated, it has also led us to appreciate family, friends, what we have and even what we don't have a lot more. That being said, upon getting out of the Marine Corps in 2013, it is our intention to move back to our home town of Cincinnati, OH and start a profitable, sustainable, responsible, educational wholesome farm. A Marine wanting to farm? Is that crazy? All that hard work and all those deployments? And now I want to begin running a farm? I must be crazy you're thinking. You're absolutely right.

No comments:

Post a Comment